twitterfacebookLinked In

Frenquently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions for non EU Dentists

Non EU Dentists looking to work in the United Kingdom require registration with the GDC (General Dental Council)

GDC is the organisation which regulates dental professionals in the United Kingdom.  All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists and orthodontic therapists must be registered with us to work in the UK.

As you qualified outside of the European Union (EU) you will need to take the Overseas Registration Examination (ORE)

Outline of the ORE

The ORE is designed to test the knowledge, skills and professionalism of candidates against the standard expected of graduate dentists on first registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). This means that UK graduates and overseas dentists are expected to have the same basic level of knowledge and skills.

The ORE has two parts which must be taken – and passed – in order. The purpose of Part 1 is to test the candidates’ application of knowledge to clinical practice and Part 2 is designed for candidates to demonstrate practical clinical skills.

The fees for ORE of April 2011

Part 1 - £600

Part 2 - £2250

For further information please visit

As a non- EU citizens you will need to be able to legally work in the UK

Once you have completed ORE and have completed 6 months UK based Vocational Training we will be able to assist you in finding more suitable positions.


Summary of the process for Non EU Dentists to work in the UK


1) ORE Exam and English Language Test

2) GDC Registration

3) Find a VT Equivalent training post - Approx 6months (there is a huge shortage of these posts in the UK)

4) Find a Permanent Job

5) PCT application process

6) Once you are registered with a PCT you can begin to practice.


     Telephone: 020 3879 4940     Email:      ©2013 All Rights Reserved, Infinity Dental Recruitment Ltd